Monday, March 7, 2016

Week 8 Reading: Native American Unit

I am doing a storybook about Native American tribes in the Pacific Northwest so I am excited for this unit of reading.

The first option that caught my eye was the unit on Myths and Legends of Alaska. Some of the stories are from tribes that I am interested in for my project. Haida and Tlingit stories are great so I would love to hear some that came from Alaska. I feel like Alaska is a whole different kind of wild that is for the most part untamed so it has a certain mystique about it.

Image Source
I would also like to read Myths and Legends of the Pacific Northwest because of me currently doing a project on Native Americans from that region. I have gotten to visit Oregon and Washington over the past two summers and loved that area of the country so it has a personal pull as well.

I would also enjoy reading about the inuit people. For a long time I have loved their style of art and even have a tattoo inspired by some of their art. I think there stories would be interesting to read. 

Image Source


No comments:

Post a Comment