Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Week 10 Reading Diary Continued: The Song of Hiawatha

These are notes for the second section of week 10 reading that I chose to do over The Song of Hiawatha.

A native american woman describing the sunset makes me think I could create a story that explains the origin of sunsets. Or maybe a could talk about a character who is a mythical artist that is responsible for creating the sunset each night.

Image Source
I think it would be fun to do a story where a white man falls in love with a Native American girl as he explores the west. Or maybe I could do it where a Native American man falls in love with a white woman. I could tell the story of them meeting for the first time or realizing that they liked each other. 

I want to do a story that incorporates birch trees because they are my favorite kind of tree. I could come up with some reason they are significant.

No comments:

Post a Comment