Monday, March 28, 2016

Week 10 Reading Diary: The Song of Hiawatha

This week I chose to do reading over the Native American unit called The Song of Hiawatha.
The notes below are from reading the first section.

I like the idea of doing a story where the main character has a battle with a bear and kills it. The story could be about courage. I think it would be cool to have a plot twist at the end where the reader finds out that the warrior who defeats the beast is a woman.

Image Source



I think it would be fun to create a story that involves a character building their own canoe or ship and having to set sail on it for some kind of adventure. Maybe he could die on his journey and his spirit becomes a mythical creature of the deep. The creature could be wreaking havoc on sailors because he never made it to his beloved woman.

I would like to try and do a story in a poem format or maybe at least have a poem in the beginning. I have never really written poetry and I think it would be fun to challenge myself to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment