Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Week 4 Reading Diary:Ryder's Panchatantra

For my reading this week I chose Panchatantra by Arthur Ryder. The stories are translated from Sanskrit into english.

One of the stories talks about having future lives and how it is difficult to act in the present life while considering those future lives and the effect the present might have on them. It would be interesting to do a story on characters that live differently in the present but both end up the same creature in their next lives. I could also do one where they could end up being different things in the future life.

I was thinking it might be fun to have an animal that is this huge "bully" of the jungle and he gets taken down by one of the most unlikely animals. Maybe a porcupine could devise this perfect plan to make it so the mean animal never messes with other animals again in the jungle.

The "Bully"
Image Source

I would like to do a story about the turtle from Finding Nemo who's name is "Crush". In the movie he is a young turtle and I think it would be funny to do a story that looked at him as guy in his twenties. Maybe it could be from the prospective of Nemo going to visit him in Australia. I loved that movie and the turtles because of their funny personalities and laid-back attitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment